Safe weight loss.....What is average or safe weight loss per week? I'm 31 female 5' 4'' and currently weigh 178. My goal is at least 135. I walk about a 1/2 hour every day. Also get more active during rest of day (like chasing kid or dog play tag for a bit

I . I recommend only 1-2 pounds per week. Successful weight loss is a steady process. A pound of fat contains 3500 calories of energy, so if you burn 500-1000 more calories than you consume per day you will achieve a steady weight loss. Congratulations on already walking 30 minutes per day, that is great. Try measuring and weighing your food for the next few days so you have a good idea of a true serving size and how many calories are in a serving size. If you pay attention to portions, and focus on eating fresh, unprocessed food you will do great.