Is a gamma knife a good treatment for acoustic neuroma?

Dr. Rodney Diaz
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Depends
Gk can be a great treatment option for an.
Many times it is not. It depends on the size and location of tumor, how quickly it's growing, risks of surgery, prior radiation treatment, many many factors. I do both surgery and gammaknife for my patients with acoustics, and each treatment plan is tailored to the specific details of that patient's tumor and overall health.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Rodney Diaz
Dr. Rodney Diaz
Dr. Neil Giddings
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Sometimes
Gamma knife, surgery, and observation are all treatment options for acoustic neuroma based on the patients age, health, hearing status, age, and other factors.
Need to discuss treatment options with a neurotologist and neurosurgeon to detained best treatment in each situation.

In brief: Sometimes
Dr. Neil Giddings
Dr. Neil Giddings
Dr. Eric Weisman