I have a friend who was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. He doesn't have to have insulin but need to eat healthy with high carbs. Can you please give me a website or some information on how to take care of this? He has been exercising and watching what he

Dr. Alec Moorman
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Thank

Thank you for your question.
I would suggest you look at the website for the american diabetes association, www.Diabetes.Org. This site will provide a wealth of information for you and your friend. As you may know, type 2 diabetes is a condition where the body develops a resistance to insulin. As a result, the body has to make more and more Insulin to process glucose properly. The excess in glucose and Insulin eventually has several bad effects on the body, and can result in heart disease, vascular disease, kidney disease, eye disease and nerve problems. A diabetic diet is low in carbohydrates, especially simple sugars. By following a diabetic diet, and losing weight if one is overweight, some people can treat and even cure their diabetes without medicines.

In brief: Thank

Thank you for your question.
Dr. Alec Moorman
Dr. Alec Moorman
Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Consider raw vegan!

I do not normally advocate a raw vegan diet, as it is somewhat extreme & hard to follow, but it might be worth a try based on the exciting work of gabriel cousins md, author of there is a cure for diabetes.
See http://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=-o6gh6qbpfw if your friend tries this for a month or so & gets good results you can probably transition to a less extreme diet over time. See comment:.

In brief: Consider raw vegan!

Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
For a website that discusses this go to http://www.naturalnews.com/028341_diabetes_living_foods.html
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine