How can I prevent swollen ankles and feet in pregnancy?

Avoid salt. Swollen feet and ankles are common in pregnancy. As the uterus gets bigger it puts pressure on the blood vessels in the pelvis returning the blood from the legs back to the heart. This can make blood flow slower and increase swelling. Avoiding salt, drinking plenty of water, and elevating your feet can help reduce swelling. Be aware it may not go away until a few weeks after the baby is born.
Swelling. Also try leg elevation and compression stockings to help reduce swelling. Increased physical activity can also help to move some of the fluid.
Compression stocking. Low salt diet , leg elevation while resting, walking excercise , compression stockings knee high 15-20 or 20-30 mmhg .. If sudden onset swelling and/ or on one side then must check duplex for dvt.
Vascular consult. Once you give birth, and have the time, see a vascular specialist. You may have venous insufficiency. It is 4 times more common in women, because pregnancy can exacerbate and accelerate the disease.