I have a lump in the r side of my neck. Is a parathyroid tumor a possibility?

Dr. David Astrachan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Unlikely

The parathyroid glands are small and rarely give rise to rumors that can be felt in the neck.
The best thing for you to do is have a doctor examine you and feel the lump then plan an appropriate work up.

In brief: Unlikely

Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. Jose Dutra
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: No

It is very unlikely.
Parathyroid tumors are, in a vast majority of the cases, not palpable by the patient but can ocasionally be palpable by an experienced surgeon if big enough or in rare cases of parathyroid malignancy.

In brief: No

It is very unlikely.
Dr. Jose Dutra
Dr. Jose Dutra
Dr. Dennis Diaz
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: No

Parathyroid tumors are small and usually don't present as a neck mass.
Most parathyroid tumors are discovered following routine lab screening and a elevated calcium level is noted.

In brief: No

Dr. Dennis Diaz
Dr. Dennis Diaz
Dr. William Forsythe