My mouth is dry swollen and everything burns to eat and drink. What is it? Strep throat? My mouth is dry and feels swollen it reminds me of like i ate to much salt. Everything i eat or drink burns. My son was tested postive for strep throat. My lips feel

Dr. Oscar Novick

In brief: Dry mouth

You could have a variety of things.
Gilbert disease may give you dry mouth or sjorgins syndrome may cause dry mouth. There are other things that's why you should go see a doctor.

In brief: Dry mouth

You could have a variety of things.
Dr. Oscar Novick
Dr. Oscar Novick
Dr. Andrew Villamagna

In brief: Pharyngitis.

This can be due to a virus, streptococcus bacteria (strep throat), reflux disease or allergies. The best way to tell if it is probably strep is if you have a fever and no runny nose or cough, then it is likely strep throat if you have a family member diagnosed with the same. If you have a cough, runny nose, or itchy eyes then most likely it is allergies. If you find that you cough when laying down and have heartburn then it is likely due to reflux. If your symptoms last longer than 7-10 then you should see your physician to help sort out your symptoms.

In brief: Pharyngitis.

Dr. Andrew Villamagna
Dr. Andrew Villamagna
Dr. Cindy Juster