I think i dislocated my small (pinky) toe--what should I do to fix it? Do i need to go to the doctor (i don't have insurance) i think i dislocated my small (pinky) toe--what should I do to fix it? Can i just use a splint or is it necessary to go to the d

Dr. Joseph Hogan
Podiatry

In brief: Strap

If there is no pain, the patient can perform some initial treatment.
Tape one toe to the adjacent to. Wear a firm sole, open toe shoe. Ice and elevation.

In brief: Strap

Dr. Wenjay Sung
Podiatry

In brief: Pinky toe

See a doctor if the pain does not subside.
Although you can splint it yourself, there's no telling of the long-term consequences. Because it's only the pinky toe, there's no big concern. Please see my recent article in popsci.Com http://www.Popsci.Com/science/article/2013-05/fyi-do-i-really-need-my-pinky-toe.

In brief: Pinky toe

In brief: Dislocation

If little toe is pointing out i would not try to reduce it by yourself .
See a podiatrist to check for fracture and reduce the dislocation under a local.

In brief: Dislocation

Dr. Rajeev Pandarinath
Sports Medicine

In brief: The

The first step would be to see a medical professional and have your toe xrayed to determine if you did have a dislocation.
Generally, it should be reduced urgently if it is dislocated.

In brief: The

Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine