What are non shadowing echogenic foci of the kidney? Are they considered to be kidney stones?

Dr. Eric Goodman
Radiology

In brief: Maybe

It depends on where the foci were seen.
Were they in the kidney or in the renal sinus? In the cortex, it could be artifact or fat. In the renal sinus, it could be artfiact or kidney stone. If there is a concern for stones, ct is the most accurate test.

In brief: Maybe

It depends on where the foci were seen.
Dr. Eric Goodman
Dr. Eric Goodman
Dr. James Krick
Urology

In brief: Renal US

They may be, but this may also be a normal anatomical variant or, less likely, a renal tumor. I would suggest you visit a urologist for ct imaging to clarify the matter. Renal ultrasound is not the best imaging modality for stones or solid mass.

In brief: Renal US

Dr. James Krick
Dr. James Krick
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine