How serious are "minor fractures" of the eye socket (orbital fractures)?

Orbit fracture. Orbital fractures that require intervention are those that affect vision, create a cosmetic deformity or affect movement of the eye.
Depends on "minor" How minor is "minor"? If no symptoms whatsoever, no change in appearance of the eye or eye socket, no vision changes, no double vision, and the only thing is a fracture identified on the ct scan, then that's what i'd call minor and nothing needs to be done. With visual or other symptoms or cosmetic deformity, should usually be fixed.
Not very... Minor injuries occur to someone else, major injuries happen to you. Joking aside, if you have no cosmetic deformity, changes in eye position, double vision, blurry vision or other symptoms, surgery is often not needed. There is not a specific definition for "minor fractures, " so make sure you see a facial plastic surgeon with experience in facial fractures. Best wishes.
Depends where it is. Any injury to the eye socket bones can be serious. Not all require surgical repair but it is essential that you have a complete eye exam to be sure there is no injury inside the eye. The decision on whether the fracture needs surgery depends on where it is, how large it is and whether it affects the nerves or muscle around the eye.