Horrible bed side manner. I have seen this same doctor in the emergency room numerous times because I have different diseases and chronic pain. He asks me what medicine i want and that i come to a hospital that only has a xray machine. I was crying in suc

Dr. Ronald Krauser
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Wrong approach

You are approaching this all wrong.
Chronic conditions are not handled effectively by resorting to the emergency room for care. You need to start with a primary care physician who can then refer you to the approopriate specialist if that is needed. Stay out of the er for this issue.

In brief: Wrong approach

You are approaching this all wrong.
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Dr. Ramnik Singh
Sports Medicine

In brief: Using

Using the emergency room as your pain medication provider is not recommended.
Er physicians are highly trained to treat life threatening illness. And their resources should be used as such. Utilizing them as your access point into the medical system in order to procure pain medication is inappropriate. Establish a relationship with a pain physician or pain program in your community. Have them evaluate your pain, it's cause and severity and develop a treatment plan that includes all chronic pain treatment options. Pain medication is only one of the available treatments for chronic pain, which is best treated using a multi-modality, multi-disciplinary approach. Utilizing medications alone is unlikely to improve your quality of life. Best of luck in your quest to manage your chronic pain!

In brief: Using

Dr. Ramnik Singh
Dr. Ramnik Singh
Dr. Vikram Patel