If my period is late does that mean i'm pregnant? I was supposed to get my period on the 28th, however i did not get it. I took a pregnancy test the day after i was supposed to get my period and it said i was not pregnant. Does this mean my schedule is ju

Dr. Karen Jones

In brief: Sometimes

Sometimes being late for the period means pregnancy.
Wait until 3-5 days after the missed period to check a pregnancy test. It is common for periods to occasionally be late or early or even miss one.

In brief: Sometimes

Dr. Karen Jones
Dr. Karen Jones
Dr. David Serlin

In brief: There

There are many reasons why your period could be late.
..As you said pregnancy is one of them. A home pregnancy test will not be positive yet if you have normal cycles of 26-32 days. I would do another home pregnancy test again in another week or 10 days to confirm if you are pregnant or not if you have not gotten your period. It takes that long for the level of the hormone bhcg that the tests measure to increase in the urine to turn the test positive. Also, if you use the test on your first early morning urine, the level tends to be higher and will turn positive sooner if you are pregnant. Other reasons include stress, medications, illness, to name a few. If you are not intending to get pregnant, you should see your family doctor to discuss birth control options. If you are trying to get pregnant, you should see them to discuss things to do that help make for a healthy and safe pregnancy.

In brief: There

Dr. David Serlin
Dr. David Serlin
Dr. Adam Levy