Is 20/400 in both eyes better or worse than 20/200? I am trying to determine if I am considered legally blind using the following definition "if your vision cannot be corrected to better than 20/200 in your better eye, or if your visual field is 20 degree

Dr. Tim Conrad
Ophthalmology

In brief: Worse

20/400 is worse than 20/200.
Legal blindness is the vision with the best glasses possible. The term is used incorrectly often (as in "i am legally blind without my glasses").

In brief: Worse

20/400 is worse than 20/200.
Dr. Tim Conrad
Dr. Tim Conrad
Dr. Nicholas Perera
Emergency Medicine

In brief: The

The vision scale works like this.
Consider the first number to be x and the second to be y. When you are looking at something x feet away, you are able to discern it as though it is at y feet away. So with 20/400 vision. You see an object at 20 feet away as well as someone with good vision can see something 400 feet away. So, 20/400 is worse than 20/200.

In brief: The

The vision scale works like this.
Dr. Nicholas Perera
Dr. Nicholas Perera
Dr. Eric Weisman