Im sitting here and my heart beats fast for five sec's. Is there something wrong with me for months now I have been having fast heart beats. I will be fine then I have fast heart beats. I have been to the ER and the did an EKG and say my heart looks fine.

Dr. John Garner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: The Main Event

What you need is something called an event monitor. It's a gizmo you wear for 30 days or so and when you're feeling the heart beats you press a button and it records the rhythm and some before and after too.
Your cardiologist can set this up. If it needs treatment, a cardiac electrophysiologist (an "ep") can help with that by drugs or even (often) curative procedures.

In brief: The Main Event

Dr. John Garner
Dr. John Garner
Dr. Alec Moorman
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: It

It is very unlikely that you have a serious heart condition if the symptoms are brief, you are young, and you had a normal ecg.
You should see your primary care doctor, who can order an ambulatory monitor for you to wear. This is a device that can be worn for days or weeks and is capable of recording your heart rhythm when you have symptoms. You most likely do not have anything serious, but the first step would be to get the proper diagnosis.

In brief: It

Dr. Alec Moorman
Dr. Alec Moorman
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology