I've been taking generic Lasix for several months and it isn't doing the trick. Is there an alternative medication? I've been battling water retention in my feet, ankles, and legs for quite a few years. My family doctor put me on Lasix several months ago,

Dr. Benjamin Kaplan

In brief: There

There are certainly other drugs that work like Lasix (furosemide) and that are much stronger/potent.
You should talk to your doctor about alternatives, but of course, you must keep in mind your overall health condition and what you can or can't handle for example due to heart failure, kidney failure, or liver failure..... In any event, you should record and limit your fluid intake daily based on your doctor's assessment. And finally, don't forget to elevate your legs as much as possible and wear the support stockings.

In brief: There

Dr. Benjamin Kaplan
Dr. Benjamin Kaplan
Dr. Joseph Hogan
Podiatry

In brief: Elevation

Elevation of legs.
Support hose. Evaluation of diet.

In brief: Elevation

Elevation of legs.
Support hose. Evaluation of diet.
Dr. Joseph Hogan
Dr. Joseph Hogan
Dr. Jack Rubin
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: Lasix (furosemide) failure?

People that gain weight on lasis, which is a loop diuretic (l), may fail because they are ingesting too much fluid and or salt.
Water is part of fruits and if you are gaining more than 1/2/day, you are gaining fluid weight. Diuretics to ask your doctor (d) to prescribe. Others are demadex, (torsemide) Edecrin and bumex. Ask your d to prescribe Metolazone to make more urine to when added to lasix.

In brief: Lasix (furosemide) failure?

Dr. Jack Rubin
Dr. Jack Rubin
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology