Does meniere's disease cause depression?

Dr. David Astrachan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Not directly

Depression is not caused by menieres disease but it may cause you to become depressed.
There is a difference. Most patients with menieres disease don't suffer from depression. Some patients, however, are so bothered by their menieres symptoms that it makes them sad and ultimately depressed. Any chronic illness can lead to depression even though it may not directly cause it.

In brief: Not directly

Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. Dennis Diaz
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: No

I don't think meniere's disease causes depression but the chronic nature of the disease with its associated hearing loss and dizziness can lead to a feeling of helplessness and depression.

In brief: No

Dr. Dennis Diaz
Dr. Dennis Diaz
Dr. Eric Weisman