Can you really reverse a cataract i saw an optometrist last month and I have cataracts on both left and right eyes. I am afraid to have the surgery cataract especially when his assistant told me that there is only 1/3 chance of good results i can see b

Dr. Michael Ham
Ophthalmology

In brief: No

The only treatment for cataracts is surgery and is only indicated if they are visually significant (affecting your daily activities, and glasses will not improve, and you feel you have to see better).
The sucess for cataract surgery is typically above 98%.

In brief: No

Dr. Michael Ham
Dr. Michael Ham
Dr. Andrew Doan
Ophthalmology

In brief: Unfortunately,

Unfortunately, there are no proven medications to reverse cataracts.
I have never seen eye drops or medications reverse cataracts. There are life style modifications that you can do to slow the progression of cataracts, such as proper nutrition, avoid smoking, and control your blood sugar if you have diabetes. Cataract surgery has risks, but the risks are minimal. Today's methods are advanced and if you pick a good surgeon, your risks will be minimal.

In brief: Unfortunately,

Dr. Andrew Doan
Dr. Andrew Doan
Dr. Jack Hinkle