My wife has s/4 bone cancer for 2 yrs, just pain control now.How much time does she have and how will the cancer progress what can we expect to happen from now on

Dr. Hal Jacobson
Radiation Oncology

In brief: I

I am sorry to here about your wife, i understand your pain and concern.
The original starting place of the cancer is needed to better answer your question. With some cancers, e.g. Breast, I have seen patients go as long as 10 years from the time the first bone spot is detected. (my own mother got 6 years of quality time with chemotherapy and radiation treatments 26 years ago). If she is seeing a modern radiation oncologist, spot treatment to painful sites and other pain management techniques might help her be more comfortable. I wish you both strength and personal piece of mind.

In brief: I

Dr. Hal Jacobson
Dr. Hal Jacobson
Dr. James Henning
Anesthesiology

In brief: Difficult to Assess

This is of critical concern and deeply important, of course.
Only her treating physicians can accurately assess the varied factors that impact how long her recovery will take. They will certainly wish to address this completely with you and it's important to let them know of your uncertainty. Good luck! hopefully all will be well!

In brief: Difficult to Assess

Dr. James Henning
Dr. James Henning