What are the long term effects of sleep deprivation? Are there any long term side effects of substituing vivarin for sleep? Over the course of the past few months, i've averaged about 3-5 hours of sleep a day while taking vivarin. I don't feel very differ

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge

In brief: This

This is really not a good idea.
People really need at least 7 hours of sleep. The body just cannot work with such high levels of stress. If that really has been your schedule, you are severely sleep deprived right now. You cannot form normal sleep cycles in such a short period of time. I can assure you that your performance and your general health are both significantly reduced after doing that for a few months. You will build dependence to vivarin, (caffeine) and you will probably have long term health problems. I would highly suggest you find another way that allows you to get more sleep. Again, really not a good idea.

In brief: This

This is really not a good idea.
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Masoud Sadighpour

In brief: Sleep deprivation

It is known that might cause depression, lack of concentration.
It is also known that people with insomnia live less.

In brief: Sleep deprivation

Dr. Masoud Sadighpour
Dr. Masoud Sadighpour
Dr. Eric Weisman