What are the side-effects from prednisolone? What side effects can I expect from long-term use of the arthritis drug prednisolone?

Dr. Oscar Novick

In brief: Steroid side effects

The side effects are many there is no point to elucidate them here.
I would read the insert package that comes with your prescription the side effects are listed there.Over the long term you mat be causing more hard than good. Consult a rheumatologist or internist for an evaluation there are better drugs available which your doctor may recommend.

In brief: Steroid side effects

Dr. Oscar Novick
Dr. Oscar Novick
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge

In brief: Side

Side effects from the use of steroid drugs such as Prednisolone are dependent on the amount of drug taken on a daily basis and for how long the drug has been used.
The most common side effects include weight gain, fullness and roundness of the face, a buffalo hump at the base of the neck, cataract, diabetes, osteoporosis, muscle weakness, propensity to infections, low potassium. In some instances most of these side effects are preventable and will improve after the dose has been decreased or discontinue. These medications are many times life saving in certain conditions and should not be stopped or discontinue without discussing it with the patient's physician.

In brief: Side

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Cindy Juster