What is emphysema vs copd? Is emphysema the same as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease?

Categories.... Copd, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, is the broader category. Emphysema is one type of copd, ie emphysema falls under the category of copd.
Really the same. Copd-chornic obstructive lung disease- is the general term fo the disease while emphysema is what is considered the final stage of copd.
Yes, . Yes, you can think of emphysema as essentially the same as copd. Technically, emphysema refers to the anatomical destruction of lung tissue, i.e. A term used when referring to abnormal appearing lungs on either chest x-ray, ct scan or lung biopsy. COPD on the other hand is a general term describing patients who are either known to have emphysema or have a chronic cough (e.g. Smoker's cough) typically in association with pulmonary function tests that show abnormal airflow into and out of the lungs. They are both treated and managed in the same way as each other.