What should I expect for breast augmentation recovery time? How long does it typically take to recover from a breast augmentation? How long is it likely i would be unable to go to work if I am on my feet all day and how long do people tend to be sore?

Dr. Anthony Brignoni

In brief: Varies w individual

Every person is different in how they perceive pain.
Most will be sore for 3 days to 2 weeks. Same is true for work. Your are completely healed around 6 weeks. You should avoid upper body excercises for at least 6 weeks. Brignonimd.Com.

In brief: Varies w individual

Dr. Anthony Brignoni
Dr. Anthony Brignoni
Dr. Andres Sarraga
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Between 1-2 weeks

This varies by patient, implant placement site and size, and pain tolerance.
In the majority of cases most of your soreness will be lessened after a week. Considering your job, i would recommend you to take 2 weeks off and ease your way back to work. Good luck!

In brief: Between 1-2 weeks

Dr. Andres Sarraga
Dr. Andres Sarraga
Dr. Robert Whitfield
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Breast augmentation

This is one of my favorites because it seems I have quit a few nurses as patients and I have to get them back to work in the hospital as soon as possible.
My last few nurses have been able to get back after 7 to 10 days when i place implants behind the muscle. Typically it is the muscle swelling that bothers them the most. I give a non- narcotic muscle relaxant for this that helps.

In brief: Breast augmentation

Dr. Robert Whitfield
Dr. Robert Whitfield
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: At least a week

We generally recommend that you take a week off work and avoid strenuous physical activity for three weeks.
Certain dressings may be required during this time. Everyone experiences pain differently. It could be a few days to a few weeks.

In brief: At least a week

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Tom Pousti
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: One week

Most patients are over the “hump” 4 days after breast augmentation surgery.
Most are able to return to a desk job approximately one week after the procedure was performed. More strenuous work involving lifting may require a few additional weeks of time off. Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource for more specifics.

In brief: One week

Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Dennis Dass
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Quick Recovery

The discomfort from breast augmentation is dependent on the size of the implant you desire.
Larger implants...More discomfort...Longer recovery. On average, you should be able to get back to work within a few days (or even quicker with small implants). Six weeks before strenuous exercises. http://www.dassmd.com/breast-augmentation/index.html.

In brief: Quick Recovery

Dr. Dennis Dass
Dr. Dennis Dass
Dr. George Pope
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: One week off work

Most women only need to miss one week of work after breast augmentation.
If you're on your feet all day, consider taking a little more time off. If your implants go under the pec muscle, recovery is a little longer and a little more painful.

In brief: One week off work

Dr. George Pope
Dr. George Pope
Dr. Gregory Laurence
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: The

The recovery time for breast augmentation surgery depends upon three factors.
First, it depends upon the "tendency" of the individual patient. When a patient tells me "i always have a fast recovery after surgery", he/she is usually right! second, it is related to the type of surgery to be performed. Repeat breast surgeries require me tissue manipulation, and "lift" surgeries (mastopexy) require much more tissue disruption. These relate to longer recoveries. Third, the recovery time correlates with insertion point. A single small belly button incision requires the least recovery time, and incision into the nipple/areola area require the most time. Fourth, you will see higher recovery times with the implants placed under-the-muscle vs. On-top-of-the-muscle. Fifth, the most critical determinant is the choice of anesthesia. The use of local (tumescent) anesthesia can reduce recovery time by more than 50%. All in all, recovery time will vary from 3 days to 3 weeks depending on a combination of the factors above. Gregory laurence md www.Thebreastaugmentationdoctor.Com.

In brief: The

Dr. Gregory Laurence
Dr. Gregory Laurence