Can I go swimming with a perforated eardrum?

Dr. David Astrachan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Yes, but

It is a good idea to protect your ear from water with a silicone ear plug that molds to your outer ear. Best to not use plugs that fill the canal.
If you feel as if water gets into your ear then the use of an antibiotic ear drop can help prevent infection. You should speak to your ENT doctor about these drops. If you have not seen an ENT recently you should as perforations need to checked.

In brief: Yes, but

Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. John Thaler
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: No, unless..

Unless you have a perfect way to seal the ear canal, no -- very bad idea.
If you saw MD for this you should be on drops and should have strict instructions for activity. Do not take a chance on worsening this situation. Good Luck -- be wise.

In brief: No, unless..

Dr. John Thaler
Dr. John Thaler
Dr. Dennis Diaz
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Be cautious

I think the safest thing would be to protect that middle ear from water exposure and this can easily be done with an ear plug.

In brief: Be cautious

Dr. Dennis Diaz
Dr. Dennis Diaz
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Not recommended

The best is go to visit an ENT, follow his/her instructions on staying out of pool and being careful in shower. Good luck!

In brief: Not recommended

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Jack Hinkle