What can I do about odd hip joint pain? Several months ago when getting into my car, i felt a funny pain that felt as though it was coming from my hip joint. I was sore the rest of the day but then it improved. Now i occasionally feel that joint pain if i

Dr. Marc Dehart
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Odd hip pain

Best plan to see a hip specialist and get an xray if the pain persists.

In brief: Odd hip pain

Dr. Marc Dehart
Dr. Marc Dehart
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge

In brief: Pain

Pain in the hip area can come from sites other than the hip.
For example, back pain can radiate to down the leg or buttock and may be felt as hip pain. Pain from the hip joint is classically felt in the groin rather than where we would normal point to our hip being, such as when putting our hands on our hips. Not knowing much about your medical history, the answers to this question can be quite broad. There are many structures in and around the hip joint that could be the culprit if they are torn, strained, or otherwise abnormal. As a rule of thumb, if it doesn't feel that severe and seems to get better on its own in a couple days, there isn't much to worry about as even an extensive workup may not reveal the source. If it continues to bother you, check in with you doctor.

In brief: Pain

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine