How can I get rid of lingering pink eye? My son comes down with pink eye at least once a month (thanks, kindergarten!). It usually clears up in a couple of days, but when i catch it from him, i usually have it for a week or more. What's the deal? I'm heal

Dr. Andrew Caster
Ophthalmology

In brief: Kids

Kids bring home lots of viruses, and you seem to be rather susceptible.
You will catch things less if you wash your hands before touching your eyes. If you get pink eye that you did not catch from your son, then it may be something completely different, and you should see an eye doctor.

In brief: Kids

Dr. Andrew Caster
Dr. Andrew Caster
Dr. Andrew Doan
Ophthalmology

In brief: Make

Make sure the family adhere to good hand washing, do not share towels, and avoid rubbing the eyes.
You should have your eyes examined to make sure you don't have an underlying problem that is making your "pink eye" worse.

In brief: Make

Dr. Andrew Doan
Dr. Andrew Doan
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine