Can allergies make my eyelids swollen when I wake up in the mornings?

Dr. David Astrachan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
Yes, allergies can certainly cause swelling especially if you are allergic to dust in your bedroom.

Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. David Astrachan
2 comments
Dr. Kristen Stuppy
During pollen season I shower before bed if I spend much time outside. This decreases the pollen in my hair and on my eyelashes, which helps. I'm also a fan of nasal rinses, which gets the pollen out of your nose.
Dr. Robert Knox
Anything that causes stuffy nose may also make your eyes swell in the morning. Allergies and being overweight are two common causes.
Dr. Dennis Diaz
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
Allergy to dust mite which is present in your mattress and pillows can be the culprit behind allergic eye swelling when you wake up in the morning.
Placing allergy covers over your pillows and mattresses will help.

Dr. Dennis Diaz
Dr. Dennis Diaz
Dr. Peter Kurzweil