Is breastfeeding birth control? Can I get pregnant while breastfeeding?

Yes, . Yes, absolutely. You can even get pregnant before you have your first period after delivering your baby. Physicians recommend pelvic rest (no sex) for at least 6 weeks after delivery to allow for healing. After that, breastfeeding is somewhere around 80% effective for preventing pregnancy. To increase that, women are recommended to use an additional form of contraception...Most commonly, that includes condoms, specific types of birth control pills (with Progesterone only), iud (intrauterine devices), etc. Remember, no method of birth control is 100%, not even those that i mentioned, but they can be 95-99% effective, especially in combination with breastfeeding.
Birth control. Breast feeding is not a good form of birth control. You can get pregnant even though your breast feeding.