Should I be worried about sleep paralysis? I've been experiencing sleep paralysis episodes recently - I know I'm awake but I just can't move or open my eyes. What can I do to get rid of sleep paralysis?

Perhaps. You describe sleep paralysis, which can be a part of the narcolepsy syndrome, which also includes daytime drowsiness and sleeping, hypnagogic hallucinations, cataplexy. See your doctor, perhaps get over-night sleep study, but eeg might suffice.
It. It is important to know whether you get just sleep paralysis or if you also get narcolepsy symptoms. Narcolepsy gives sleep paralysis, cataplexy (sudden loss of muscle tone when emotional), hypnagogic (just as you fall asleep) hallucinations, and automatic behaviors while you are still asleep (like severe sleepwalking). Narcolepsy is much more intrusive into your life, and there are some treatments for it. Sleep paralysis by itself, though, is more of a nuisance than a danger. It's important not to panic. Most people get it at one time or another in their lives. It might be worse if you are sleep deprived, or if you are sleeping at irregular times. The best bet is to establish a good sleep routine and not get worried when it happens.