If i get a 3d ultrasound do I have to learn gender? I want to see my baby in 3d, but i want the gender to be a surprise. Possible? What should I tell the tech to make sure this happens?

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge

In brief: Yes,

Yes, it is possible to image your baby in 3-d and not reveal the gender. Tell the ultrasound technologist that you would like 3-d images of the face, hand, foot, etc.
Also, let the ultrasound technologist know that you do not wish to find out the gender of the baby. Generally, the ultrasound technologist will do his/her best to accommodate the request of the patient as long as the request is within reason.

In brief: Yes,

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Exactly as you said!

Tell the tech. They can window what they photograph with modern ultrasounds (like my fuji) or simply print out the picture and cut the "revealing info out!

In brief: Exactly as you said!

Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Jonathan Jassey