What causes atrial flutter? What is the cause of my atrial fibrillation or atrial flutter? Will my condition go away on its own?

VT and AF? You have ventricular tachycardia, atrial fibrillation, and atrial flutter, and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy? You have a little too much going on - you need to either buy a cardiology textbook or be under the regular care of a cardiologist!
The . The most common cause of atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter is a history of high blood pressure (hypertension), and the conditions are both more common as people age. They can also be associated with other forms of structural heart disease, and numerous other less common causes. Without knowing more about you i cannot say why you specifically have it. Atrial fibrillation and flutter are usually chronic conditions, and do not spontaneously resolve. Treatment option include simply controlling the heart rate since these rhythms tend to go fast (rate control strategy), or using medicines to try and maintain a normal sinus rhythm and keep the person out of atrial fibrillation or flutter (rhythm control strategy). There are also surgical and minimally invasive procedures that can be offered to try and cure the rhythm. It is also important to realize the both conditions can increase the risk of stroke, and so many people take additional medicine to minimize this risk.