Yaz causing heart problems? I am taking Yaz birth control pills and lately I have noticed my heart beating abnormally. Sometimes when I lie down I can feel it beating over my entire body, sometimes skipping a beat. I often experience nausea along with t

Not likely. This sounds as if you're uncomfortable, and you should discuss this with your primary doctor, but not likely due to yaz (drospirenone and ethinyl estradiol). Nausea may be present in first 1-3 months of yaz (drospirenone and ethinyl estradiol). Try taking in the evening, but if it is occurring the first few months, it's likely to get better. Discuss benefits/risks of Yaz (drospirenone and ethinyl estradiol) with your doctor.
Serious. Serious cardiovascular complications with Yaz (drospirenone and ethinyl estradiol) and other oral contraceptives have been reported; however, these events are rare, particularly in otherwise healthy women. The estrogen component of contraceptives can increase blood pressure, alter blood cholesterol levels, and increase the chances of blood clots, heart attack or stroke. These complications are rare, and when they occur they tend to be in slightly older women who also smoke tobacco or have other medical conditions. You should see your doctor to discuss your symptoms and consider an alternative contraceptive strategy.