What is the relationship between atherosclerosis and high blood pressure? Is there a relationship between atherosclerosis and high blood pressure?

Absolutely! . Absolutely! High blood pressure (hypertension) is one of the single most important modifiable risk factors for atherosclerosis. When the blood vessels are exposed to high blood pressure over time, they become damaged which promotes the formation of cholesterol plaque. And as the plaque forms throughout the body's vasculature, if the blood pressure is not controlled then the plaque remains unstable and at risk for rupture which can cause stroke or heart attack.