How to diagnose arrhythmia? What is the process for diagnosing arrhythmia? I suspect I might have it, but I don't want to endure expensive or difficult procedures to diagnose it.

Rhythm recording . While there are symptoms that are very suggestive of an arrhythmia, the condition can only be diagnosed with accuracy with a recording of the rhythm at the time of symptoms. During a physical examination an irregular rhythm can be detected; however the precise nature of the irregular rhythm cannot be discerned without the rhythm recording.
Suspicion . Suspicion of arrhythmia is prompted by certain symptoms such as chest palpitations, shortness of breath, dizziness, fatigue, or fainting. These symptoms would prompt a medical provider to focus on the heart rate and rhythm during a physical exam. An electrocardiogram should also be obtained, and in some instances a cardiac monitor can be ordered to record several hours or days of heart beats. If you have symptoms concerning for arrhythmia you should be evaluated by a physician, and at a minimum have a physical exam and electrocardiogram. This first step would not be expensive or difficult. Depending on the results, your doctor may recommend further testing.