Will i wake up to soon? Is there a chance i will wake up while still having surgery, does this happen and if it does will i remember it?

Dr. Steve Martinez
Breast Surgery

In brief: Very rare

In my experience as a surgeon, this happens far less than 1% of the time.
My patients typically remember nothing about their surgery.

In brief: Very rare

Dr. Steve Martinez
Dr. Steve Martinez
Dr. Cheyenne Babcock
Anesthesiology

In brief: We

We call that awareness under anesthesia- it occurs when a patient arouses during a procedure enough to form memories when they were intended to be completely anesthetized.
Many of the stories one hears of "waking up during surgery" were actually cases of sedation in which the patient was not intended to be completely anesthetized. True incidences of awareness are quite rare, unlike hollywood's interpretation would lead you to believe. Awareness usually occurs in certain circumstances when the procedure is an emergency, and/or the patient is so ill that they are not able to tolerate usual doses of anesthetic. The risk of awareness in routine surgery for healthy patients is minuscule.

In brief: We

Dr. Cheyenne Babcock
Dr. Cheyenne Babcock
Dr. Vicken Poochikian