I'm a 60-year-old male. I have an itch in the left arm in the elbow area of the arm. It seems to be below the surface and is not satisfied by scratching or rubbing. What might this be?

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology

In brief: Paresthesia

Paresthesia is an abnormal condition in which you feel a sensation of burning, numbness, tingling, itching or prickling.
Paresthesia usually arises from nerve damage due to infection, inflammation, trauma, or other abnormal process. Paresthesia is rarely due to life-threatening disorders, but it does occur as a result of stroke and tumors.

In brief: Paresthesia

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Michael Fisher