My left vocal chord nerve is not moving after thyroidectomy.But surgeon told that nerve is little bruised.My voice is low i can't speak louder.?

Dr. Danny Proffitt

In brief: Not unusual

The particular nerve to the vocal cord has to be retracted during thyroid surgery.
It is not unusual for it to take a while to recover and for your voice to return to normal. This happens with other neck surgeries as well such as fusing the neck vertebrae for disc disease. Observe and stay in touch with your surgeon. Try to rest your voice.

In brief: Not unusual

Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. David Jakubowicz
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Vocal cord paralysis

Vocal cord paralysis can occur after thyroidectomy and usually resolves wih time.
In some patients it may be permanent and ones voice can improve either by injecting the cord with a filler similar to ones used cosmetically on the face. If the voice is really distressing you, you can have it injected while you wait for the cord to heal with a more temporary filler. I hope it gets better soon.

In brief: Vocal cord paralysis

Dr. David Jakubowicz
Dr. David Jakubowicz
Dr. Eric Weisman