Is a rapid heart rate a symptom of congestive heart failure?

Unlikely. Though patients that have a rapid heart rate for an extended period of time(weeks to months) without having symptoms can develop congestive heart failure to a weakened heart.
Unlikely. Although the heart rate increases to compensate for inadequate pumping by the heart there are many more common reasons for a rapid heart rate. Common symptoms of heart failure are fluid retention and difficulty breathing (particularly when lying flat).
It can be. This can be a possible symptom of heart damage or heart failure. I would get evaluated right away.