Tps for curing oxymetazoline addiction? Im addicted since 10 years and need to stop

Dr. Kevin Passer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: ENT Evaluatiion

I suggest an evaluation with an ear, nose & throat specialist to start with, also known as an otolaryngologust.
You need an examination of your nasal passages and treatment for what is likely, some chronic inflammation. Then, perhaps some counseling to keep your habit from reoccuring. Good luck.

In brief: ENT Evaluatiion

Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Kevin Passer
2 comments
Dr. Alan Ali
otolaryngologust?
Dr. Kevin Passer
Looks I misspelled a word, eh?
Dr. STEPHEN GIROUX
Pharmacology

In brief: Rebound congestion

Oxymetazoline addiction is commonly known as rebound congestion- caused by overuse of topical (nasal) decongestants.
It is more common with shorter acting agents- but to overcome the condition, try saline nasal spray (ocean; ayr) and stop using the oxymetazoline. If you need to start it up again- use no more than 1-2 times per day and only for a few days at a time. Oral decongestants may help.

In brief: Rebound congestion

Dr. STEPHEN GIROUX
Dr. STEPHEN GIROUX
Dr. Adam Smith