My 14 yo son had an X-ray due to lower back pain and it showed spina bifida occult L5, and mild wedging deformity T11 what does it mean?

Birth Defect. These are birth defects that occasionally cotribute to back pain.Generally physical therapy is recommended.A pediatric back specialist is the proper specialist.Unless pressure on the disc, there is no neurological issues.
Probably unrelated. These findings can be incidental and of no clinical significance. During the rapid growth of puberty there can be aches and pains that resolve with time. If he is otherwise healthy without signs of spine problems (scoliosis, bowel or bladder dysfunction) there is no reason for further testing. Mri of lumbar and sacral spine will probably be normal.
A Spina big idea . Occulta of L5 means nothing by itself but there is a higher incidence of a spondylolysis in this patient population so further testing may be indicated to rule this out if pain persists. A mild wedging of t 11 may also be a non specific finding or could indicate an issue also requiring further imaging like a MRI . Talk to your doctor if symptoms are persisting.