How long one can live after a massive heart attack with a cardiac arrest?

Dr. Klaus d Lessnau
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: Life

Many many years with expert evaluation and follow up.
Very important is the follow up with your md.

In brief: Life

Dr. Klaus d Lessnau
Dr. Klaus d Lessnau
Dr. Bradley Radwaner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Very Individual

The answer is completely individual depending upon the extent of the damage that was done to the heart muscle, the age of the person and their other medical conditions.
Sustaining a cardiac arrest during a heart attack simply indicates there was a period of electrical instability and does not worsen the prognosis. Even with massive heart attacks the survival can be decades long with best care.

In brief: Very Individual

Dr. Bradley Radwaner
Dr. Bradley Radwaner
Dr. Klaus d Lessnau

In brief: Best care

I completely agree with dr. Radwaner.\ best care is important to improve survival after a massive heart attack.
Very important to follow your doctor's recommendation.

In brief: Best care

Dr. Klaus d Lessnau
Dr. Klaus d Lessnau