My throat is hurtin after cryinpretty hard today, just wonderin if it could damage my throat it still hurts even though i cried ages ago, I am worried

Dr. Michael Amster

In brief: Normal

Truthfully i don't know why, possibly post nasal drip or just irritation of the nerves in the back of the throat, but pain in the palate and back of throat is common, as well as mild swelling of mucous membranes.
There is no mechanism of injury, but if the pain worsens or continues into tomorrow, contact your doc.

In brief: Normal

Dr. Michael Amster
Dr. Michael Amster
Dr. Jennifer Diabo

In brief: No permanent damage!

Crying very hard will not damage your throat.
You may have caused it to be sore due to the excessive crying but the pain should subside in a day or so.

In brief: No permanent damage!

Dr. Jennifer Diabo
Dr. Jennifer Diabo
Dr. Shontae Buffington