During quad bypass surgery, my heart was stopped for 5 minutes - does that mean I was dead for 5 minutes?

No.... During bypass surgery, the bypass machine takes over the work of the heart so even though the heart is stopped, the bypass machine continues to circulate the oxygenated blood throughout your body and this is what keeps you alive during the surgery.
No. One is not dead until the brain is dead. In addition we say you're not dead until you are warm and dead. During heart surgery the heart is stopped and the patient is cooled, after being placed on the heart lung machine. While on the bypass machine blood is circulated through the body without the heart pumping.