Will lupus impact my ability to get pregnant?

Dr. Earle Pescatore

Lupus may impact fertility depending on the severity of your disease.
More commonly, lupus may increase risks associated with pregnancy both for the mother and the patient. I would encourage you to see your ob/gyn for a preconception appointment to review the current state of your lupus and optimize the outcome of any planned pregnancy.

Dr. Earle Pescatore
Dr. Earle Pescatore
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Probably no.

Lupus generally does not effect fertility.
If the disease is active it can become worse during pregnancy. Also, you need to be sure that there is no evidence of abnormal blood clotting secondary to lupus as this can increase the chance of miscarriage unless it is treated throughout the pregnancy.

In brief: Probably no.

Dr. Ronald Krauser
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Dr. Adam Levy