Hi I am having bifid uvula from birth, I am unable to speak clearly. Now I am 23 year old. Is there any possibility to do operation & how much it cost?

Dr. James Sidman
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery - Pediatric

In brief: Yes.

The bifid uvula and speech problems probably mean you have a form of cleft palate.
You should get evaluated and treated through a cleft team which you can find at cleft line.Org. They can give you an idea about costs.

In brief: Yes.

Dr. James Sidman
Dr. James Sidman
Dr. David Jakubowicz
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: First things first

You may have a sub mucous cleft palate and poor ability to close the back of your nose that may be causing your speech issues.
Depending on the severity speech therapy can be very effective for this. You need to have a thorough exam including nasopharyngoscopy to determine the cause and from that the best form of treatment.

In brief: First things first

Dr. David Jakubowicz
Dr. David Jakubowicz
Dr. Steven Seres