How long should dissolvable stitches be left in scalp? Should I have a doctor remove them after a certain length of time or have my wife do it?

Dr. Sheila Calderon

In brief: Doctor

Since I have no idea what the sutures are for, i would definitely let the doctor take a look.
If you have been able to keep the area clean and dry, it should not pose a big problem by leaving it alone until your doctor has had a chance to take a look.

In brief: Doctor

Dr. Sheila Calderon
Dr. Sheila Calderon
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology

In brief: Neither.

Dissolvable stitches dissolve by themselves - they do not need to be removed.
Just make sure they are, in fact dissolvable; if they are nylon they will need to be removed, and you should leave that to the doctor who put them in; don't attempt it yourself.

In brief: Neither.

Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Joseph Eastern