Are there any herbal therapies for staph infections?

Dr. Klaus d Lessnau
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: Do not fool around

Staph can be very bad and even kill you.
Antimicrobials are essential.

In brief: Do not fool around

Antimicrobials are essential.
Dr. Klaus d Lessnau
Dr. Klaus d Lessnau
Dr. Michael DePietro
It is often asked if herbal treatments benefit this or that condition. It should be realized that there is no scientific treatment that herbal treatments are good therapy for any infection, and antibiotics for most non viral infections are of proven efficacy.
Dr. Joseph Roosth

In brief: Probably

A better anwer is that there are probably herbal therapies for every possible recognized medical disorder and unrecognized ones also.
The problem is that modern antibiotic therapies are the only ones known to have any true effect on curing staph infections. If i had a staph infection, speaking only as a doctor, i'd rather have an antibiotic than herbs.

In brief: Probably

Dr. Joseph Roosth
Dr. Joseph Roosth
Dr. William Walsh
I can't agree strongly enough - if you have a staphyloccal infection skip the herbals and get a decent antibiotic right away.
Dr. Klaus d Lessnau

In brief: Can jump to heart

Staph can go to the heart.
I work with cardiothoracic surgeons and we have seen plenty of patients with "innocent" staph. You do not want to fool around with this bug.

In brief: Can jump to heart

Staph can go to the heart.
Dr. Klaus d Lessnau
Dr. Klaus d Lessnau
Dr. Michael DePietro
This is one of several questions regarding herbal therapies for severe infections. It should be noted that there is no evidence that herbal therapies are of any value for any infection, and scant evidence that they do anything valuable at all.