I had a mole removed that came back abnormal junctional nevus". I'm going to get more skin around the site removed, mwhat dows this mean?

Dr. Michael Macdonald
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: Good to be careful

May be nothing at all, but it's good to be cautious and be sure it is completely removed.

In brief: Good to be careful

Dr. Michael Macdonald
Dr. Michael Macdonald
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology

In brief: What is abnormal?

Junctional nevus is a benign lesion.
Ask your doctor what "abnormal" means, because that's a very vague diagnosis. The pathologist may have seen something in the specimen that s/he wasn't absolutely sure about, but s/he should be much more specific than "abnormal", and your doctor should explain why more tissue needs to be removed from a benign lesion.

In brief: What is abnormal?

Junctional nevus is a benign lesion.
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Joseph Eastern