If a teacher pats and rests his hand on your thigh is that alright in any way? Would it be too late to tell someone?

Dr. Debi Williams
Dentistry

My husband is a police officer who works these types of crimes.
Patting and especially resting their hand or your thigh is considered sexual harrassment especially since it made you feel uncomfortable enough to question the action. Teachers are trained on appropriate touching. Since this made you feel uncomforable then you should tell a trusted adult. It's never too late to tell someone.

Dr. Debi Williams
Dr. Debi Williams
Dr. Debi Williams
You indicated that he is a good teacher - but if he made you feel uncomfortable enough to question whether his action were appropriate you should tell a trusted adult about your concerns. You could ask that he be 'watched' not necessarily questioned at this time. In addition, others students may have had the same situation. If this is a reocurring problem, the teacher needs to be updated on sexual harrassment rules. I understand you don't want to hurt anyone but you need deserve a safe learning environment.