How do I stop having nightmares?

Dr. Mohammed Younus

In brief: Get to root of it

Nightmares are not uncommon in adults and usually have a cause.
Psychological; unresolved issues, trauma, untreated anxiety, ptsd, mood disorder etc. Medical; restless leg syndrome, sleep apnea etc. Medications; benzodiazepines, antidepressants, melatonin and anti hypertensives etc. Do consult with your psychiatrist/ physician to rule out the above mentioned things.

In brief: Get to root of it

Dr. Mohammed Younus
Dr. Mohammed Younus
Dr. Beverly Dexter
Clinical Psychology

In brief: No More Nightmares

Dreams with unusual content are not uncommon after disturbing or stressful events.
The issue is not the dream content but rather the problem of being woken up by the dream. If you sleep peacefully through your dreams you won't remember or be disturbed by the content of your dreams. Try Planned Dream Intervention from my No More Nightmares class. Most people are no longer woken up after the class.

In brief: No More Nightmares

Dr. Beverly Dexter
Dr. Beverly Dexter