I started a medicine (diovan) for high blood pressure a couple of weeks ago. I feel exhausted now and have dark circles around my eyes. Could the medication be causing this?

Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: NOT COMMON WITH DIOV

It is not common to have circles under the eyes but any blood pressure med can make you feel exausted it is difficult to advice without knowing the dose of Diovan (valsartan) and your initial blood pressure reading and how long you have taken Diovan (valsartan) and what other meds you are taking so check in with your doctor to see if you need to change your BP meds or something else is causing your symptoms.

In brief: NOT COMMON WITH DIOV

Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Vicken Poochikian