Is there a particular die that a person should have after having a liver transplant?

In brief: Yes contrast needed

If in the question die, contrast agents for imaging studies is meant, then yes a liver transplant recipient would need a type of I.
V. Contrast for the best image of the liver. This is usually an iodinated agent for x-ray (ct scan) or gadolinium for mri. However, the safe use of both is dependent on the patients' s kidney function, which should be determined before the tests are ordered.

In brief: Yes contrast needed

Dr. Stuart Flechner
Dr. Stuart Flechner

In brief: Imaging & liver tx

There is no special x-ray contrast necessary or required after liver transplant but as always, caution about kidney function is important.
If there is some renal impairment then avoidance of iodine containing contrast without excellent hydration or using gadolinium with MRI is important.

In brief: Imaging & liver tx

Dr. David Mulligan
Dr. David Mulligan
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery